We don’t like trouble.
- Matthew 17:20 – So Jesus said to them, “Because of your unbelief; for assuredly, I say to you, if you have faith as a mustard seed, you will say to this mountain, ‘Move from here to there,’ and it will move; and nothing will be impossible for you.
So why does God allow us to go thru trouble?? Because we need it
- 1 Peter 2:21 (NKJV) – For to this you were called, because Christ also suffered for us, leaving us an example, that you should follow His steps:
- Etymology of Gethsemaneēmanē – The name is derived from the Aramaic – “oil press”
- Romans 5:3-5 (NKJV) – And not only that, but we also glory in tribulations, knowing that tribulation produces perseverance; 4 and perseverance, character; and character, hope. 5 Now hope does not disappoint, because the love of God has been poured out in our hearts by the Holy Spirit who was given to us.
So how do we handle trouble.
- Thru worship – And as we celebrate the Lord – 1 Samuel 16:23 – And so it was, whenever the spirit from God was upon Saul, that David would take a harp and play it with his hand. Then Saul would become refreshed and well, and the distressing spirit would depart from him.
- Thru Prayer – is the answer to surviving trials – Mark 14:38 (NKJV) – Watch and pray, lest you enter into temptation. The spirit indeed is willing, but the flesh is weak.
- Thru grace – But it’s not thru our own strength – 2 Corinthians 12:9 (NKJV) – And He said to me, “My grace is sufficient for you, for My strength is made perfect in weakness.” Therefore most gladly I will rather boast in my infirmities, that the power of Christ may rest upon me.
- With Joy – 2 Corinthians 7:4 (NKJV) – Great is my boldness of speech toward you, great is my boasting on your behalf. I am filled with comfort. I am exceedingly joyful in all our tribulation.
It’s “Now what” time??
- But there will be a shaking – Mark 13:25 – the stars of heaven will fall, and the powers in the heavens will be shaken.
- Hebrews 12:27-28 – Now this, “Yet once more,” indicates the removal of those things that are being shaken, as of things that are made, that the things which cannot be shaken may remain. 28 Therefore, since we are receiving a kingdom which cannot be shaken, let us have grace, by which we may serve God acceptably with reverence and godly fear.