You Are Not Going to Understand Everything
Understanding is a good thing.
- The Bible says with all things get understanding – Proverbs 4:7 (NKJV) – Wisdom isthe principal thing; Therefore get wisdom. And in all your getting, get understanding.
- We ought to be like the leaders of Issachar – 1 Chronicles 12:32 (NLT) – From the tribe of Issachar, there were 200 leaders of the tribe with their relatives. All these men understood the signs of the times and knew the best course for Israel to take.
- The Lord goes on to say that He does nothing unless He reveals it to His servants the prophets–Amos 3:7.
And Jesus wants you to understand.
- Ephesians 3:16-19 (NLT) – I pray that from his glorious, unlimited resources he will empower you with inner strength through his Spirit. 17Then Christ will make his home in your hearts as you trust in him. Your roots will grow down into God’s love and keep you strong. 18 And may you have the power to understand, as all God’s people should, how wide, how long, how high, and how deep his love is. 19 May you experience the love of Christ, though it is too great to understand fully. Then you will be made complete with all the fullness of life and power that comes from God.
- This is why Jesus calls us friends – John 15:15 (NLT) – I no longer call you slaves, because a master doesn’t confide in his slaves. Now you are my friends, since I have told you everything the Father told me.
But there are things from God that we won’t understand!
- Philippians 4:7 (NKJV) – … and the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus.
- Ephesians 3:20 (NLT) – Now all glory to God, who is able, through his mighty power at work within us, to accomplish infinitely more than we might ask or think.
Because we only know in part.
- 1 Corinthians 13:9 (NKJV) – For we know in part and we prophesy in part.
- 1 Corinthians 13:12 (NKJV) – For now we see in a mirror, dimly, but then face to face. Now I know in part, but then I shall know just as I also am known.
- God designed us to need each other – Proverbs 15:22 (NLT) – Plans go wrong for lack of advice; many advisers bring success.
It’s the grace of God that gives us revelation to understand the mysteries of God.
- Ephesians 3:8-10 (NKJV) – To me, who am less than the least of all the saints, this grace was given, that I should preach among the Gentiles the unsearchable riches of Christ, 9 and to make all see what isthe fellowship of the mystery, which from the beginning of the ages has been hidden in God who created all things through Jesus Christ; 10 to the intent that now the manifold wisdom of God might be made known by the church to the principalities and powers in the heavenly places.
- Most of us don’t even understand grace – it is the God-given power to destroy sin and death.
- Our understanding come down to this – Proverbs 19:21 – You can make many plans, but the Lord’s purpose will prevail.
* The audio corresponding to this post is under “media” on this site