Worship Goes First
What is worship?
- Defined – religious devotion usually directed towards a deity. The word is derived from the Old English worthscipe, meaning worthiness or worth-ship — to give, at its most simple meaning, worth to something, for example, worshipping Jesus.
- True worship – John 4:23-24 – Yet a time is coming and has now come when the true worshipers will worship the Father in the Spirit and in truth, for they are the kind of worshipers the Father seeks.
Judah goes first.
- Judges 20:18 (NKJV) – Then the children of Israel arose and went up to the house of God to inquire of God. They said, “Which of us shall go up first to battle against the children of Benjamin?” The Lord said, “Judah first!”
- The meaning of Judah (Yehudah) is “God is praised/celebrated.” Worship originates with praise.
Worship drives away the enemy.
- 1 Samuel 16:23 (NKJV) – And so it was, whenever the spirit from God was upon Saul, that David would take a harp and play it with his hand. Then Saul would become refreshed and well, and the distressing spirit would depart from him.
Worship is a way of life!
- Romans 12:1 – Therefore, I urge you, brothers and sisters, in view of God’s mercy, to offer your bodies as a living sacrifice, holy and pleasing to God—this is your true and proper worship.
- It changes the Atmosphere – 1 Chronicles 15:16, 23:4-5 (NKJV) – 15:6 Then David spoke to the leaders of the Levites to appoint their brethren to be the singers accompanied by instruments of music, stringed instruments, harps, and cymbals, by raising the voice with resounding joy… 23:4 Of these (the Levites), twenty-four thousand were to look after the work of the house of the Lord, six thousand were officers and judges, 5 four thousand were gatekeepers, and four thousand praised the Lord with musical instruments, “which I made,” said David, “for giving praise.”
- It changes our heart – Acts 13:22 (NKJV) – And when He had removed him, He raised up for them David as king, to whom also He gave testimony and said, ‘I have found David the son of Jesse, a man after My own heart, who will do all My will.’
Worship it is a lifestyle. Worship inspire us into everything else. If we are going to be successful in the Lord’s purpose for our lives, it’s going to come out of the place of worship.
* The audio corresponding to this post is under “media” on this site