Where Are We Now?
Where we’ve come from.
- Matthew 24:7 (NKJV) – For nation (ethnos) will rise against nation(ethnos), and kingdom against kingdom. And there will be famines, pestilences, and earthquakes in various places.
- Matthew 24:8 (NLT) – But all this is only the first of the birth pains, with more to come.
- We were to learn faith, not fear, should be our response – Job 3:25-26 (NKJV) – For the thing I greatly feared has come upon me, and what I dreaded has happened to me. 26I am not at ease, nor am I quiet; I have no rest, for trouble comes.”
- We were to learn that safety only comes from abiding in the Presence of God – Psalms 91:1-3 (NKJV) – He who dwells in the secret place of the Most High shall abide under the shadow of the Almighty. 2 I will say of the Lord, “He is my refuge and my fortress; My God, in Him I will trust.” 3 Surely He shall deliver you from the snare of the fowler and from the perilous pestilence.
- And we pressed thru –Philippians 3:12-14 (NKJV) – Not that I have already attained, or am already perfected; but I press on, that I may lay hold of that for which Christ Jesus has also laid hold of me. 13Brethren, I do not count myself to have apprehended; but one thing I do, forgetting those things which are behind and reaching forward to those things which are ahead, 14 I press toward the goal for the prize of the upward call of God in Christ Jesus.
- And we should not of come out the same way we came in – Ezekiel 46:9.
Where are we going?
- Good and evil will continue to exist side by side at the end of this age – Matthew 13:38-39 (NKJV) – The field is the world, the good seeds are the sons of the kingdom, but the tares are the sons of the wicked one. 39The enemy who sowed them is the devil, the harvest is the end of the age, and the reapers are the angels.
- The tares will practice lawlessness (Matthew 13:41) – the righteous (the wheat) will shine forth (Matthew 13:43).
- Isaiah 60:2 (NKJV) – For behold, the darkness shall cover the earth, and deep darkness the people; but the Lord will arise over you, and His glory will be seen upon you.
How do we get there?
- Total trust – Proverbs 3:5-6 (NKJV) – Trust in the Lord with all your heart, and lean not on your own understanding; In all your ways acknowledge Him, And He shall direct your paths.
- Matthew 11:12 (NLT) – And from the time John the Baptist began preaching until now, the Kingdom of Heaven has been forcefully advancing, and violent people are attacking it.
- God is in the midst of producing the greatest Church ever – Ecclesiastes 7:8 (NKJV) – The end of a thing is better than its beginning; The patient in spirit is better than the proud in spirit.
- “Lord, have mercy on America. May You bless America with the upcoming elections so that America may bless You.“
* The audio corresponding to this post is under “media” on this site – www.dhfirstag.org – and is available on Monday
american church ancient enemy attack awakening chaos character charismatic Christian christian education church coronavirus covid-19 Dearborn Dearborn Heights defence Detroit double down era evangelism faith fear fear of the Lord God's way Holy Ghost Holy Spirit insidious intensify intensity Jesus Leadership Leviathan New Era offense open overcomers Pentecostal remnant revival schemes shaking storm stress time trust Word