Atmosphere defined – The air in a particular place; the pervading tone/mood of a place, situation or work of art.
The prevailing atmospheric climate of our society.
- Climate defined – the prevailing atmospheric condition over an area over a long period of time.
- Ephesians 2:2 (NKJV) – … in which you once walked according to the course of this world, according to the prince of the power of the air, the spirit who now works in the sons of disobedience.
- This is the prevailing atmosphere of our society – 2 Thessalonians 2:9-11 (NKJV) – The coming of the lawless one is according to the working of Satan, with all power, signs, and lying wonders, 10 and with all unrighteous deception among those who perish, because they did not receive the love of the truth, that they might be saved. 11 And for this reason God will send them strong delusion, that they should believe the lie.
- And it’s going to get worse – Revelation 12b (NLT) – “… But terror will come on the earth and the sea, for the devil has come down to you in great anger, knowing that he has little time.”
But there’s another atmosphere coming and they are about to collide.
- But there’s another atmosphere coming – Acts 2:2 (NLT) – Suddenly, there was a sound from heaven like the roaring of a mighty windstorm, and it filled the house where they were sitting.
When Jesus walks into a prevailing climate.
- Luke 8:23-25 (NLT) – As they sailed across, Jesus settled down for a nap. But soon a fierce storm came down on the lake. The boat was filling with water, and they were in real danger. The disciples went and woke him up, shouting, “Master, Master, we’re going to drown!” When Jesus woke up, he rebuked the wind and the raging waves. Suddenly the storm stopped and all was calm. Then he asked them, “Where is your faith?” The disciples were terrified and amazed. “Who is this man?” they asked each other. “When he gives a command, even the wind and waves obey him!”
What causes the atmospheric climate to changes?
- As we are one accord – Acts2:1 (NKJV) – When the Day of Pentecost had fully come, they were all with one accord in one place.
- And as we celebrate the Lord – 1 Samuel 16:23 – And so it was, whenever the spirit from God was upon Saul, that David would take a harp and play it with his hand. Then Saul would become refreshed and well, and the distressing spirit would depart from him.
Nobody said it was going to be easy??
- Matthews 11:12 (NKJV) – And from the days of John the Baptist until now the kingdom of heaven suffers violence, and the violent take it by force.
But Jesus did say this – Matthews 11:28-30 (NKJV) – “Come to Me, all you who labor and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest. Take My yoke upon you and learn from Me, for I am gentle and lowly in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. For My yoke is easy and My burden is light.”