Trust in the Lord – The Safest Place in the World
There is an insidiousness to the schemes of the enemy.
- Ephesians 6:10-11 (NKJV) – Finally, my brethren, be strong in the Lord and in the power of His might. 11 Put on the whole armor of God, that you may be able to stand against the wiles (schemes) of the devil.
But God has a solution, it is called trust.
- Proverbs 3:5-6 (NKJV) – Trust in the Lord with all your heart, and lean not on your own understanding; In all your ways acknowledge Him, And He shall direct your paths.
- Notice – trust in the Lord is not a suggestion, but a command.
But, unfortunately, many are disobeying this command by leaning on their own understanding.
- We trust God for salvation– Ephesians 1:13 (NKJV) – In Him you also trusted,after you heard the word of truth, the gospel of your salvation; in whom also, having believed, you were sealed with the Holy Spirit of promise.
- But we try to do everything else in the flesh – Ephesians 6:12 (NKJV) – For we do not wrestle against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this age, against spiritual hosts of wickedness in the heavenly places.
This lack of trust allows ungodly fear to crepe in.
- Why are we so fearful of dying anyways? 1 Corinthians 15:55-57 (NKJV) – “O Death, where is your sting? O Hades, where is your victory?” 56 The sting of death is sin, and the strength of sin is the law. 57 But thanks be to God, who gives us the victory through our Lord Jesus Christ.
A community of trust needs to be built.
- Acts 2:44-46 (NKJV) – Now all who believed were together, and had all things in common, 45 and sold their possessions and goods, and divided them among all, as anyone had need. 46 So continuing daily with one accord in the temple, and breaking bread from house to house, they ate their food with gladness and simplicity of heart, 47 praising God and having favor with all the people. And the Lord added to the church daily those who were being saved.
We will never become the Christian activists we are called to be without trust.
- Hebrews 10:36 (NKJV) – For you have need of endurance, so that after you have done the will of God, you may receive the promise:
- And this is the will of the Lord for all of us – 2 Corinthians 3:2-3 (NKJV) – You are our epistle written in our hearts, known and read by all men; 3 clearly you are an epistle of Christ, ministered by us, written not with ink but by the Spirit of the living God, not on tablets of stone but on tablets of flesh, that is, of the heart.
* The audio corresponding to this post is under “media” on this site – www.dhfirstag.org – and is available on Monday