To the Next Glory
We are called to change from glory to glory.
- 2 Corinthians 3:18 – But we all, with unveiled face, beholding as in a mirror the glory of the Lord, are being transformed into the same image from glory to glory, just as by the Spirit of the Lord.
The “glory” is a place for a believer or the Church.
- So what does “glory” mean – Exodus 16:10 (NKJV) – Now it came to pass, as Aaron spoke to the whole congregation of the children of Israel, that they looked toward the wilderness, and behold, the glory of the Lord appeared in the cloud.
- In the Old Testament, glory comes from the Hebrew word “kabowd” and is translated glory, honor, dignity, and reverence.
- In the New Testament, glory comes from the Greek word “doxa” and is translated glory, glorious, honor, praise, dignity, and worship.
- We also hear the word “shekinah” which means He caused to dwell referring to the presence of God.
The 2nd glory is God’s next destination for us.
- Jeremiah 29:11 (NLT) – For I know the plans I have for you,” says the Lord. “They are plans for good and not for disaster, to give you a future and a hope.
But it’s the “to” part that is the hard part of 2 Corinthians 3:18.
- “To” happens by way of transformation – Romans 12:2 (NKJV) – And do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind, that you may prove what is that good and acceptable and perfect will of God.
Transformation only happens when we allow God to change our character.
- But transition is hard – Romans 5:3-4 – And not only that, but we also glory in tribulations, knowing that tribulation produces perseverance; and perseverance, character; and character, hope.
And our character is changed when we spend time in His presence.
- The overcoming Church is developed in God’s presence – Revelation 3:20-21– Behold, I stand at the door and knock. If anyone hears My voice and opens the door, I will come in to him and dine with him, and he with Me. 21 To him who overcomes I will grant to sit with Me on My throne, as I also overcame and sat down with My Father on His throne.
* The audio corresponding to this post is under “media” on this site – www.dhfirstag.org – and is available on Monday
- Discerning the Times November 21, 2020
- Many are Called – Few are Chosen – What Column You In?? November 14, 2020
- To the Next Glory November 7, 2020
- Where Are We Now? November 1, 2020