The Sheep and Goat American Church
Jesus, the great shepherd, is going to divide the sheep and the goats.
- Matthew 25:32-33 – All the nations will be gathered before Him, and He will separate them one from another, as a shepherd divides his sheep from the goats. 33 And He will set the sheep on His right hand, but the goats on the left.
Another way to say is that the Church is made of wheat and tares.
- Even when good seed is sowed, the tares (weeds) still show up – Matthew 13:24-30.
- The enemy does this to sow discord in the field
- But we are not to pull up the tares (the weeds) because we could harm the wheat – Matthew 13:29.
That leads us to the Sheep/Goat believers.
- The Laodicean Church is a great example of a sheep/goat church – Revelation 3:15-16– “I know your works, that you are neither cold nor hot. I could wish you were cold or hot. 16 So then, because you are lukewarm, and neither cold nor hot, I will vomit you out of My mouth.
- Revelation 3:14, 17– And to the angel of the church of the Laodiceans write, … 17 Because you say, ‘I am rich, have become wealthy, and have need of nothing’ and do not know that you are wretched, miserable, poor, blind, and naked.
God uses the shaking to separate the wheat from the tares (weeds).
- Hebrews 12:26-29 (NLT) – When God spoke from Mount Sinai his voice shook the earth, but now he makes another promise: “Once again I will shake not only the earth but the heavens also.”27 This means that all of creation will be shaken and removed, so that only unshakable things will remain. 28 Since we are receiving a Kingdom that is unshakable, let us be thankful and please God by worshiping him with holy fear and awe. 29 For our God is a devouring fire.
So how do you make sure you are wheat and not a weed? Come to the dinner table.
- God always has a remnant people and in the book of Revelation, it’s the Church of Philadelphia – Revelation 3:7-13.
- But the true remnant Church is only developed thru relationship – Revelation 3:14,17– As many as I love, I rebuke and chasten. Therefore be zealous and repent. 20 Behold, I stand at the door and knock. If anyone hears My voice and opens the door, I will come in to him and dine with him, and he with Me. 21 To him who overcomes I will grant to sit with Me on My throne, as I also overcame and sat down with My Father on His throne.
- But, unlike the rich, young ruler, you must be willing to surrender all – Matthew 19:16-21.
* The audio corresponding to this post is under “media” on this site – www.dhfirstag.org – and is available on Monday
- April 2021
- March 2021
- February 2021
- January 2021
- December 2020
- November 2020
- October 2020
- September 2020
- August 2020
- July 2020
- June 2020
- May 2020
- April 2020
- March 2020
- February 2020
- January 2020
- December 2019
- November 2019
- October 2019
- September 2019
- August 2019
- July 2019
- June 2019
- May 2019
- April 2019
- March 2019
- January 2018