Everything that can be shaken will be shaken.
- Hebrews 12:27-28 (NKJV)-Now this, “Yet once more,” indicates the removal of those things that are being shaken, as of things that are made, that the things which cannot be shaken may remain. Therefore, since we are receiving a kingdom which cannot be shaken, let us have grace, by which we may serve God acceptably with reverence and godly fear.
- Colossians 2:7 (NLT) – Let your roots grow down into him, and let your lives be built on him. Then your faith will grow strong in the truth you were taught, and you will overflow with thankfulness.
- Many so called believers will be pulled up by their roots – Jude 1:12 (NLT) – When these people eat with you in your fellowship meals commemorating the Lord’s love, they are like dangerous reefs that can shipwreck you. They are like shameless shepherds who care only for themselves. They are like clouds blowing over the land without giving any rain. They are like trees in autumn that are doubly dead, for they bear no fruit and have been pulled up by the roots.
Why is God allowing, and even causing, this shaking?
- Judgment begins in the Church – 1 Peter 4:17 (NKJV) – For the time has come for judgment to begin at the house of God; and if it begins with us first, what will be the end of those who do not obey the gospel of God?
How should we respond to this shaking?
- If we respond correctly, we will be awaken – Jeremiah 17:24-25 (NLT) – But if you obey me, says the Lord, and do not carry on your trade at the gates or work on the Sabbath day, and if you keep it holy,25 then kings and their officials will go in and out of these gates forever. There will always be a descendant of David (Jesus) sitting on the throne here in Jerusalem. Kings and their officials will always ride in and out among the people of Judah in chariots and on horses, and this city will remain forever.
- If we DON’T respond correctly, Judgment – Jeremiah 17:27 (NLT) – “But if you do not listen to me and refuse to keep the Sabbath holy, and if on the Sabbath day you bring loads of merchandise through the gates of Jerusalem just as on other days, then I will set fire to these gates. The fire will spread to the palaces & no one will be able to put out the roaring flames.”
This shaking had to happen.
- Many are not handling this time well – Luke 21:26 (NKJV) – Men’s hearts failing them from fear and the expectation of those things which are coming on the earth, for the powers of the heavens will be shaken.
- The shaking is meant to get our attention.
- This is the revelation we need – the place we need to rest in – Acts 2:25 (NKJV) – For David says concerning Him: ‘I foresaw the Lord always before my face, For He is at my right hand, that I may not be shaken.
- Shaking is the path to revival – Acts 4:31 (NKJV) – And when they had prayed, the place where they were assembled together was shaken; and they were all filled with the Holy Spirit, and they spoke the word of God with boldness.
* The audio corresponding to this post is under “media” on this site – www.dhfirstag.org – and is available on Monday