What a year!
- It was a year of shaking and change – Hebrews 12:26-29 (NKJV) – … whose voice then shook the earth; but now He has promised, saying, “Yet once more I shake not only the earth, but also heaven.” 27 Now this, “Yet once more,” indicates the removal of those things that are being shaken, as of things that are made, that the things which cannot be shaken may remain. 28 Therefore, since we are receiving a kingdom which cannot be shaken, let us have grace, by which we may serve God acceptably with reverence and godly fear. 29 For our God is a consuming fire.
We like easy.
- Doing the right thing is rarely convenient or easy – 2 Corinthians 11:23-27.
- The Lord’s Reply to Jeremiah (and us) regarding easy – Jeremiah 12:5 (NLT) – “If racing against mere men makes you tired, how will you race against horses? If you stumble and fall on open ground, what will you do in the thickets near the Jordan?
A great falling away has started. The remnant is left.
- Thessalonians 2:3(NKJV) – Let no one deceive you by any means; for that Day will not come unless the falling away comes first, and the man of sin is revealed, the son of perdition…
- The birth pains have begun – Matthew 24:8 (NKJV) – All these are the beginning of sorrows.
- We are told not to despise (be discontented) with small beginnings – Zechariah 4:10.
- The first disciples turned the world upside down and we are to do the same – Acts 17:6.
Now what? “The experiment” continues.
- It’s time to cross over even when it looks impossible in the natural – Joshua 3:15 (NKJV) – … and as those who bore the ark (the presence of God) came to the Jordan, and the feet of the priests who bore the ark dipped in the edge of the water (for the Jordan overflows all its banks during the whole time of harvest)…
- From preparation to His presence – Acts 15:16 (NKJV) Amos 9:11 – ‘After this I will return and will rebuild the tabernacle of David, which has fallen down; I will rebuild its ruins, and I will set it up;
- But it starts with me – Philippians 2:12 (NKJV) – Therefore, my beloved, as you have always obeyed, not as in my presence only, but now much more in my absence, work out your own salvation with fear and trembling;
How? The good news is doing the right thing is easy.
- We really aren’t strong enough – 2 Corinthians 12:10b (NKJV) – For when I am weak, then I am strong.
- It really is a grace thing – Galatians 2:20-21 – My old self has been crucified with Christ. It is no longer I who live, but Christ lives in me. So I live in this earthly body by trusting in the Son of God, who loved me and gave himself for me. 21 I do not treat the grace of God as meaningless. For if keeping the law could make us right with God, then there was no need for Christ to die.
Enjoy the process, enjoy this year – Nehemiah 8:10b (NKJV) – for the joy of the Lord is your strength!
* The audio corresponding to this post is under “media” on this site – www.dhfirstag.org