The Plan of God
The mission of the Church/Ekklesia.
- The mission of the Church is found in Luke 19:10 – “…for the Son of Man (Jesus) has come to seek and to save that which was loss.” – To go out and make disciples in the world – Matthew 28:19.
- The mission of the Church is to radically and supernaturally change its surroundings rather than being changed by them, to create an environment of multiplication, to be a gateway for our region and the world to the eternal God, and to make disciples for Jesus Christ.
The Lord has a plan.
- God has a plan and wants to reveal His plan to His people – Amos 3:7 (NKJV) – Surely the Lord God does nothing unless He reveals His secret to His servants the prophets.
- But we must accept that the Lord’s plan may differ from our plan – Isaiah 55:8 (NKJV) – “For My thoughts are not your thoughts, nor are your ways My ways,” says the Lord.
And the Church, the Ekklesia, are to fulfill the plan.
- It’s God’s Church – Psalms 127:1 (NKJV) – Unless the Lord builds the house, they labor in vain who build it; unless the Lord guards the city, the watchman stays awake in vain.
- The “puppy” Church was incapable of fulfilling the plan – 2 Timothy 3:1, 5 (NASB) – But realize this, that in the last days difficult times will come … 5holding to a form of godliness, although they have denied its power; avoid such men as these.
- Mixture causes weakness – 2 Corinthians 6:14-15 (NKJV) – Do not be unequally yoked together with unbelievers. For what fellowship has righteousness with lawlessness? And what communion has light with darkness? 15 And what accord has Christ with Belial? Or what part has a believer with an unbeliever?
Execution of the plan.
- And God imparts the plan so you/us can fulfill it – Proverbs 29:18 – Where there is no vision, the people perish: but he that keepeth the law, happy is he..
- Zechariah 4:10 (NKJV) – For who has despised the day of small things
- We had to embrace the little – faithful in the little things
- This is the initial part of the plan – Acts 1:4-5 (NKJV) – And being assembled together with them, He commanded them not to depart from Jerusalem, but to wait for the Promise of the Father, “which,” He said, “you have heard from Me; 5 for John truly baptized with water, but you shall be baptized with the Holy Spirit not many days from now.”
The big vision – revival/awakening in the Metro Detroit region. The execution of the plan is you!
* The audio corresponding to this post is under “media” on this site – www.dhfirstag.org – and is available on Monday