The Bible – Best Database Ever
We are a data driven society.
- Daniel 12:4 (NKJV) – “But you, Daniel, shut up the words, and seal the book until the time of the end; many shall run to and fro, and knowledge shall increase.” – Data = storable knowledge
Data can be used either for good purposes or bad purposes.
- Data can be good – Matthew 24:14 (NLT) – And the Good News about the Kingdom will be preached throughout the whole world, so that all nations will hear it; and then the end will come.
- Data can also be bad – Revelation 13:16-17 (NKJV) – He causes all, both small and great, rich and poor, free and slave, to receive a mark on their right hand or on their foreheads, 17 and that no one may buy or sell except one who has the mark or the name of the beast, or the number of his name.
The Bible is the best database to retrieve our data from.
- The Bible, God’s Word, comforts-Psalms 119:50-This ismy comfort in my affliction, for Your word has given me life.
- The Bible provides direction – Psalms 119:105 – Your word isa lamp to my feet and a light to my path.
- The Bible penetrates – Hebrews 4:12– For the word of God is living and powerful, and sharper than any two-edged sword, piercing even to the division of soul and spirit, and of joints and marrow, and is a discerner of the thoughts and intents of the heart.
- The Word of God will do what it sets out to do – Isaiah 55:11– So shall My word be that goes forth from My mouth; It shall not return to Me void, but it shall accomplish what I please, and it shall prosper in the thing for which I sent it.
- It will bless – Luke 11:28– But He said, “More than that, blessed are those who hear the word of God and keep it!”
- The Bible is our weapon against evil – Ephesians 6:17– And take the helmet of salvation, and the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God;
- The Bible provides life – Matthew 4:4– But He answered and said, “It is written, ‘Man shall not live by bread alone, but by every word that proceeds from the mouth of God.’”
But we must properly interpret the data also.
- Proverbs 4:7 (NKJV) – Wisdom isthe principal thing; Therefore get wisdom. And in all your getting, get understanding.
- And understanding comes from receiving Rhema – Romans 10:17 (KJV) – So then faith cometh by hearing, and hearing by the word (Rhema or living voice) of God.
- And this Rhema Word comes from being connected to the correct network – the Vine – John 15:5 – “I am the vine, you arethe branches. He who abides in Me, and I in him, bears much fruit; for without Me you can do ”
- But we must search the Vine to get understanding – Proverbs 25:2 (NLT) – It is God’s privilege to conceal things and the king’s privilege to discover (search out) them.
- Ultimate interpretation can only come thru agreement of the Body of Christ – Matthew 18:19-20 (NLT) – “I also tell you this: If two of you agree here on earth concerning anything you ask, my Father in heaven will do it for you.20 For where two or three gather together as my followers, I am there among them.”
And finally, we must respond to what the data tells us.
- Responding is doing the Word – not just hearing – James 1:21-22 (NKJV) – Therefore lay aside all filthiness and overflow of wickedness, and receive with meekness the implanted word, which is able to save your souls. 22 But be doers of the word, and not hearers only, deceiving yourselves.
* The audio corresponding to this post is under “media” on this site – www.dhfirstag.org