We are in times of trouble.
- Somebody needs to go – Isaiah 6:8 (NKJV) – Also I heard the voice of the Lord, saying: “Whom shall I send, And who will go for Us?” Then I said, “Here am I! Send me.”
When being pressed-on you need to press-in.
- The apostle Paul understood pressed-on – 2 Corinthians 4:8 (NKJV) – We are hard-pressed on every side, yet not crushed; we are perplexed, but not in despair;
- While we are getting pressed on, we need to press in – Philippians 3:12 (NKJV) – Not that I have already attained, or am already perfected; but I press on, that I may lay hold of that for which Christ Jesus has also laid hold of me.
Sometimes need a push or a shake to respond correctly.
- Nehemiah 5:13 (NKJV) – Then I shook out the fold of my garment and said, “So may God shake out each man from his house, and from his property, who does not perform this promise. Even thus may he be shaken out and emptied.” And all the assembly said, “Amen!” and praised the Lord. Then the people did according to this promise.
- Many aren’t hearing God’s voice because they shut it up – Numbers 22:12 (NKJV) – And God said to Balaam, “You shall not go with them; you shall not curse the people, for they are blessed.”
What you do next is what matters.
- Philippians 3:13-14 (NKJV) – Brethren, I do not count myself to have apprehended; but one thing I do, forgetting those things which are behind and reaching forward to those things which are ahead, 14 I press toward the goal for the prize of the upward call of God in Christ Jesus.