There’s a bad type of fear.
- Deep rooted fear is worse than the things we are actually fearful of – 2 Timothy 1:7 (NKJV) – For God has not given us a spirit of fear, but of power and of love and of a sound mind.
- Job had the thing he’d feared come upon him – Job 3:25-26.
- But, most of all, we fear man – Matthew 10:28 (NLT) – Don’t be afraid of those who want to kill your body; they cannot touch your soul. Fear only God, who can destroy both soul and body in hell.
But there’s also a good type of fear.
- We overcome the spirit of fear by fearing God – Proverbs 3:5-8 (NLT) – Trust in the Lord with all your heart; do not depend on your own understanding. 6 Seek his will in all you do, and he will show you which path to take. 7 Don’t be impressed with your own wisdom. Instead, fear the Lord and turn away from evil. 8 Then you will have healing for your body and strength for your bones.
- The fear of the Lord is where it all starts for the believer – Psalms 128:1 (NKJV) – Blessed is everyone who fears the Lord, who walks in His ways.