Lot’s wife – Luke 17:20-33
- Lot’s wife turned into a pillar of salt when she looked back – Genesis 19:26
- Judgment was coming
- she wanted her old life back
People want to hold you to your past – and sometimes you hold yourself in the past.
- Hebrews 8:12 (NLT)– And I will forgive their wickedness, and I will never again remember their sins.
- God removes our sin as far as the east is from the west – Psalms 103:12
- Pharisees remember the past
God’s people are Pressing forward, not backward
- Philippians 3:13-15– Brethren, I do not count myself to have apprehended; but one thing I do,forgetting those things which are behind and reaching forward to those things which are ahead, I press toward the goal for the prize of the upward call of God in Christ Jesus. Therefore let us, as many as are mature, have this mind; and if in anything you think otherwise, God will reveal even this to you.
- Sometimes we think we’ve arrived – it doesn’t mean there was some good stuff from past