Re-thinking Our Walk
The Bible compares our life to a walk.
- Galatians 5:16 (NKJV) – I say then: Walk in the Spirit, and you shall not fulfill the lust of the flesh.
- Amos 3:3 (NKJV) – Can two walk together, unless they are agreed?
Finish this walk/race strong means change.
- 2 Corinthians 5:17 (NKJV) – Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation; old things have passed away; behold, all things have become
There is a cost to walking with Jesus.
- Jesus informs the multitudes of the cost of being one of His disciples – Luke 14:25-32.
- And like the rich, young ruler, the cost is too great for many to become disciples – Mark 10:21-22.
Change requires a new way of thinking.
- “Whether you think you can, or you think you can’t–you’re right.” – Henry Ford
- Proverbs 23:7a (NKJV) – For as he thinks in his heart, so is
- There are two ways of thinking spiritually or worldly – 2 Corinthians 5:7(NKJV) – For we walk by faith, not by sight.
- We need to take our thoughts captive – 2 Corinthians 10:5-6 (NKJV) – …casting down arguments and every high thing that exalts itself against the knowledge of God, bringing every thought into captivity to the obedience of Christ, 6 and being ready to punish all disobedience when your obedience is fulfilled.
- And put to death the thoughts that are not of God – Colossians 3:5 (NLT) – So put to death the sinful, earthly things lurking within you. Have nothing to do with sexual immorality, impurity, lust, and evil desires. Don’t be greedy, for a greedy person is an idolater, worshiping the things of this world.
A new way of thinking only can happen from the inside on out!
- 2 Corinthians 5:16-18 (NKJV) – Nevertheless when one turns to the Lord, the veil is taken away. 17 Now the Lord is the Spirit; and where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is liberty. 18 But we all, with unveiled face, beholding as in a mirror the glory of the Lord, are being transformed into the same image from glory to glory, just as by the Spirit of the Lord.
- What we are talking about is being sold-out for Christ. Are you all in??
* The audio corresponding to this post is under “media” on this site – www.dhfirstag.org – and is available on Monday