Pestilence – It’s a Sign of the Times
This world and it’s systems.
- 1 John 2:15-17 (NLT) – Do not love this world nor the things it offers you, for when you love the world, you do not have the love of the Father in you. 16 For the world offers only a craving for physical pleasure, a craving for everything we see, and pride in our achievements and possessions. These are not from the Father, but are from this world. 17 And this world is fading away, along with everything that people crave. But anyone who does what pleases God will live forever.
- And who’s in charge of these systems, the Devil and his imps – Ephesians 2:2 (NKJV) – … in which you once walked according to the course of this world, according to the prince of the power of the air, the spirit who now works in the sons of disobedience …
It’s a sign of the times we are in.
- Matthew 24:7 (NKJV) – For nation will rise against nation, and kingdom against kingdom. And there will be famines, pestilences, and earthquakes in various places.
- Revelation 6:7-8 (NLT) – When the Lamb broke the fourth seal, I heard the fourth living being say, “Come!” 8 I looked up and saw a horse whose color was pale green. Its rider was named Death, and his companion was the Grave. These two were given authority over one-fourth of the earth, to kill with the sword and famine and disease and wild animals.
Our response ought to be in faith – not fear.
- Job 3:25-26 (NKJV) – For the thing I greatly feared has come upon me, and what I dreaded has happened to me. 26 I am not at ease, nor am I quiet; I have no rest, for trouble comes.”
Safety comes from abiding in the Presence of God.
- Psalms 91:1-3 (NKJV) – He who dwells in the secret place of the Most High shall abide under the shadow of the Almighty. 2 I will say of the Lord, “He is my refuge and my fortress; My God, in Him I will trust.” 3 Surely He shall deliver you from the snare of the fowler and from the perilous pestilence.
- Because one day the systems of this world become the systems of Heaven – Revelations 11:15.
We really need to get right with Jesus.
* The audio corresponding to this post is under “media” on this site – www.dhfirstag.org