My Way versus God’s Way
Lawlessness and chaos are running rampant in our nation.
- Matthew 24:12 (NKJV) – And because lawlessness will abound, the love of many will grow cold.
- 1 Corinthians 14:33 – For God is not the author of confusion but of peace, as in all the churches of the saints.
What overcomes this, we do, the Church.
- Proverbs 14:34 (NKJV) – Righteousness exalts a nation, but sin is a reproach to any
- 2 Chronicles 7:14 (NKJV) – If My people who are called by My name will humble themselves, and pray and seek My face, and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin and heal their land.
- The work of Jesus, thru the Church, restrains lawlessness – 2 Thessalonians 2:6-8.
But where are we, the Church?
- We like this verse – Psalms 37:4 (NLT) – Take delight in the Lord, and he will give you your heart’s desires.
- But don’t pay attention to the prerequisite verses – Psalms 37 (NLT) – 3a Trust in the Lord and do good. 5 Commit everything you do to the Lord. Trust him, and he will help you. 7 Be still in the presence of the Lord, and wait patiently for him to act. Don’t worry about evil people who prosper or fret about their wicked schemes.
You were purposed, ordained, made for this.
- The Lord has a purpose for your life – Jeremiah 1:5 (NKJV) – “Before I formed you in the womb I knew you, before you were born I set you apart; I appointed you as a prophet to the nations.”
- You are told to understand the will of God for your life – Ephesians 5:17 (NKJV) – Therefore do not be unwise, but understand what the will of the Lord is.
- And God’s will is to make disciples that make disciples – Proverbs 11:30 (NKJV) – The fruit of the righteous is a tree of life, And he who wins souls is wise.
My Way versus God’s Way – you choose.
- The enemy will try to abort God’s plan in your family, your church, and, of course, you just like he tried to abort Moses – Exodus 1:15-16.
- But God will provide a way of escape – Exodus 1:17a (NKJV) – But the midwives feared God!
- You were made for this time like Esther was made for her time – Esther 4:13-14.
- And what are we to do? Let our light shine in the midst of a crooked, perverse world – Philippians 4:14-15.
The fear of the Lord is the safe place for going forward – Malachi 4:1-2 – (NLT) – The Lord of Heaven’s Armies says, “The day of judgment is coming, burning like a furnace. On that day the arrogant and the wicked will be burned up like straw. They will be consumed—roots, branches, and all. 2 “But for you who fear my name, the Sun of Righteousness will rise with healing in his wings. And you will go free, leaping with joy like calves let out to pasture.
* The audio corresponding to this post is under “media” on this site – www.dhfirstag.org – and is available on Monday