Many are Called – Few are Chosen – What Column You In??
I suppose all believers are called.
- Matthew 22:14 – For many are called, but few are chosen.
- Romans 11:29 – For the gifts and calling of God are without repentance.
- So why do so few make it into the “chosen” column?
First you must except the calling.
- Your life book was written well before you were conceived – Psalms 139:16 (NLT) – You saw me before I was born. Every day of my life was recorded in your book. Every moment was laid out before a single day had passed.
- Everyone’s calling has something to do with souls – 2 Corinthians 5:18 (NIV) – All this is from God, who reconciled us to himself through Christ and gave us the ministry of reconciliation:
This where character comes in.
- These fragile clay jars are our flesh – 2 Corinthians 4:7 (NLT) – We now have this light shining in our hearts, but we ourselves are like fragile clay jars containing this great treasure. This makes it clear that our great power is from God, not from ourselves.
- Our flesh must be dealt with to get these great treasures out – Galatians 5:24 (NKJV) – And those who are Christ’s have crucified the flesh with its passions and desires.
- Look at Gideon – Judges 7:20 (NKJV) – Then the three companies blew the trumpets and broke the pitchers—they held the torches in their left hands and the trumpets in their right hands for blowing—and they cried, “The sword of the Lord and of Gideon!”
How do we do this?
- James 4:6-8 (NKJV) – But He gives more grace. Therefore He says: “God resists the proud, but gives grace to the humble.” 7 Therefore submit to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you. 8 Draw near to God and He will draw near to you. Cleanse your hands, you sinners; and purify your hearts, you double-minded.
Character changes why we do it.
- Matthew 14:14 (KJV) – And Jesus went forth, and saw a great multitude, and was moved with compassion toward them, and he healed their sick.
- 1 Corinthians 13:2 (KJV) – And though I have the gift of prophecy, and understand all mysteries, and all knowledge; and though I have all faith, so that I could remove mountains, and have not charity (love), I am nothing.
- America needs the character of the Church unlike ever before!
* The audio corresponding to this post is under “media” on this site – www.dhfirstag.org – and is available on Monday