A true believer is a pilgrim in this world.
- 1 Peter 2:11 (NKJV) – Beloved, I beg you as sojourners (strangers/foreigners from another Kingdom) and pilgrims, abstain from fleshly lusts which war against the soul.
- 2 Corinthians 5:20 (NKJV) – Now then, we are ambassadors for Christ, as though God were pleading through us: we implore you on Christ’s behalf, be reconciled to God.
How does being an ambassador from another place look?
- 1 Peter 2:9 (NKJV) – But you area chosen generation, a royal priesthood, a holy nation, His own special people, that you may proclaim the praises of Him who called you out of darkness into His marvelous light.
So why are we not doing this? Maybe because you are still identifying with the familiar.
- Jeremiah 44:16-18 (NLT) – “We will not listen to your messages from the Lord!17 We will do whatever we want. We will burn incense and pour out liquid offerings to the Queen of Heaven just as much as we like—just as we, and our ancestors, and our kings and officials have always done in the towns of Judah and in the streets of Jerusalem. For in those days we had plenty to eat, and we were well off and had no troubles! 18 But ever since we quit burning incense to the Queen of Heaven and stopped worshiping her with liquid offerings, we have been in great trouble and have been dying from war and famine.”
So how do we become that chosen generation 1 Peter 2:9 tells us we are? It’s called transformation.
- 2 Corinthians 3:16-18 (NKJV) – Nevertheless when one turns to the Lord, the veil is taken away. 17 Now the Lord is the Spirit; and where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is 18 But we all, with unveiled face, beholding as in a mirror the glory of the Lord, are being transformed into the same image from glory to glory, just as by the Spirit of the Lord.
It’s only then can we proclaim the message of 1 Peter 2:9.
- The Gospel of the Kingdom – Matthew 4:23 (NKJV) – And Jesus went about all Galilee, teaching in their synagogues, preaching the gospel of the kingdom, and healing all kinds of sickness and all kinds of disease among the people.
- Preaching it with power – Romans 15:19 (NKJV) – …in mighty signs and wonders, by the power of the Spirit of God, so that from Jerusalem and round about to Illyricum I have fully preached the gospel of Christ.
Our Lifestyle ought to reflect the platform found in the Bible.
* The audio corresponding to this post is under “media” on this site – www.dhfirstag.org