Jesus Meets Us Where We Are
Jesus meets the disciples at their level.
- Meets them fishing and then cooks them some breakfast – John 21.
- John 21:15 (NLT) – After breakfast Jesus asked Simon Peter, “Simon son of John, do you love me more than these?” “Yes, Lord,” Peter replied, “you know I love you.” “Then feed my lambs,” Jesus told him.
We are aren’t loving (agape, the Godly type of love). We need His love to love like Him (Jesus).
- First our horizontal love for each other – John 13:35 (NKJV) – By this all will know that you are My disciples, if you have love for one another.
- And then our vertical love for God which is displayed by our obedience to Him – John 14:21 (NKJV) – He who has My commandments and keeps them, it is he who loves Me. And he who loves Me will be loved by My Father, and I will love him and manifest Myself to him.
We aren’t strong enough. We need His strength to live righteously like Him (Jesus).
- Roman 5:6 (NKJV) – For when we were still without strength, in due time Christ died for the ungodly (us).
- 2 Corinthians 12:9 (NKJV) – He said to me, “My grace is sufficient for you, for My strength is made perfect in weakness.” Therefore most gladly I will rather boast in my infirmities, that the power of Christ may rest upon me.
But we can’t stay here. We are called to be like Him. How do we do this? The Holy Spirit!
- Some 50 days later we see a transformed Peter – witnessing to thousands (Acts 2:14), prophesying (Acts 2:17-21), leading 3,000 to Jesus (Acts 2:41), healing the sick (Acts 3:6-7).
- What was the difference? The Holy Spirit – Acts 2:4 (NKJV) – And they were all filled with the Holy Spirit and began to speak with other tongues, as the Spirit gave them utterance.
We were never called to stand still.
- Lukewarm, the enemy of the Church – Revelation 3:16 (NKJV) – So then, because you are lukewarm, and neither cold nor hot, I will vomit you out of My mouth.
It’s not about you –
it’s about Jesus, who btw, is in you!!
- April 2021
- March 2021
- February 2021
- January 2021
- December 2020
- November 2020
- October 2020
- September 2020
- August 2020
- July 2020
- June 2020
- May 2020
- April 2020
- March 2020
- February 2020
- January 2020
- December 2019
- November 2019
- October 2019
- September 2019
- August 2019
- July 2019
- June 2019
- May 2019
- April 2019
- March 2019
- January 2018