It’s Not Everyone Else
Many have too high of opinion about themselves.
- Matthew 7:2 (NLT) – For you will be treated as you treat others. The standard you use in judging is the standard by which you will be judged.
- And this gives us a too high opinion of ourselves – Romans 12:3 (NLT) – For I say, through the grace given to me, to everyone who is among you, not to think of himself more highly than he ought to think, but to think soberly, as God has dealt to each one a measure of faith.
And this causes “if only everyone else” syndrome.
- Matthew 7:3-4 (NKJV) – And why do you look at the speck in your brother’s eye, but do not consider the plank in your own eye? 4 Or how can you say to your brother, ‘Let me remove the speck from your eye’; and look, a plank is in your own eye?
Whether you like it or not, we need each other.
- Matthew 22:37-40 (NKJV) – Jesus said to him, “‘You shall love the Lord your God with all your heart, with all your soul, and with all your mind.’ 38 This is the first and great commandment. 39 And the second is like it: ‘You shall love your neighbor as yourself.’ 40 On these two commandments hang all the Law and the Prophets.”
- John 13:34-35 (NKJV) – A new commandment I give to you, that you love one another; as I have loved you, that you also love one another. 35 By this all will know that you are My disciples, if you have love for one another.”
We are the variable that we can change.
- Matthew 7:5 (NLT) – Hypocrite! First get rid of the log in your own eye; then you will see well enough to deal with the speck in your friend’s eye.
- And how do we change ourselves, by going to God in effective, fervent prayer – Matthew 7:7-8 (NLT) – “Keep on asking, and you will receive what you ask for. Keep on seeking, and you will find. Keep on knocking, and the door will be opened to you. 8 For everyone who asks, receives. Everyone who seeks, finds. And to everyone who knocks, the door will be opened.
ancient enemy attack awakening chaos Christian christian education church coronavirus covid-19 Dearborn Dearborn Heights defence Detroit double down era evangelism faith fear fear of the Lord God's way insidious intensify intensity Jesus Leadership Leviathan New Era offense open overcomers revival schemes time trust will of God Word