It Starts With Me!
It was a year of preparation.
- Tribulations is how we prepare – Romans 5:3-5 (NKJV) – And not only that, but we also glory in tribulations, knowing that tribulation produces perseverance; 4and perseverance, character; and character, hope. 5 Now hope does not disappoint, because the love of God has been poured out in our hearts by the Holy Spirit who was given to us.
- Doesn’t mean we’re done growing though – 2 Corinthians 3:17-18.
This led to much discontentment.
- Hebrews 13:5 (NKJV) – Let your conduct be without covetousness; be content with such things as you have. For He Himself has said, “I will never leave you nor forsake you.”
- The Apostles Paul learned be content in when things were going his and when they weren’t – Philippians 4:12.
It’s starts with me!
- Philippians 2:12 (NKJV) – Therefore, my beloved, as you have always obeyed, not as in my presence only, but now much more in my absence, work out your own salvation with fear and trembling;
It twelve disciples said “yes” to Jesus.
- We are told not to despise (be discontented) with small beginnings – Zechariah 4:10 (NLT) – Do not despise these small beginnings, for the Lordrejoices to see the work begin, to see the plumb line in Zerubbabel’s hand.”
- The first disciples turned the world upside down – Acts 17:6 (NKJV) – But when they did not find them, they dragged Jason and some brethren to the rulers of the city, crying out, “These who have turned the world upside down have come here too.
Now what? We try “The experiment.”
- From preparation to His presence – Acts 15:16 (NKJV) – ‘After this I will return and will rebuild the tabernacle of David, which has fallen down; I will rebuild its ruins, and I will set it up;
* The audio corresponding to this post is under “media” on this site – www.dhfirstag.org