Dissection of one of the most famous scripture text.
- 2 Chronicles 7:14a (NLT) – Then if my people who are called by my name will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, …
Who are “My people?”
- The Jews are “My people” and the Body of Christ has been engrafted into “My people” – Ephesians 2:15 (NLT) – He did this by ending the system of law with its commandments and regulations. He made peace between Jews and Gentiles by creating in himself one new people from the two groups.
- “My people” are a humble people – James 4:6 – But He gives more
grace. Therefore He says: “God resists the proud,
But gives grace to the humble.”
- “My people” are a praying/seeking people – Matthew 6:33 (NKJV) – But seek first the kingdom of God and His righteousness, and all these things shall be added to you.
- “My people” are a repented/obedient people – 1 Samuel 15:22-23 (NKJV) – So Samuel said: “Has the Lord as great delight in burnt offerings and sacrifices, as in obeying the voice of the Lord? Behold, to obey is better than sacrifice, and to heed than the fat of rams. 23 For rebellion is as the sin of witchcraft, and stubbornness is as iniquity and idolatry. Because you have rejected the word of the Lord, He also has rejected you from being king.”
Things change around “My people.”
- 2 Chronicles 7:14b-15 (NLT) – … I will hear from heaven and will forgive their sins and restore their land. 15 My eyes will be open and my ears attentive to every prayer made in this place
“My people” are that Temple – where the presence of God resides of earth.
- 2 Chronicles 7:16 (NLT) – For I have chosen this Temple and set it apart to be holy—a place where my name will be honored forever. I will always watch over it, for it is dear to my heart.
- We are that Temple – 1 Corinthians 3:16-17 (NKJV) – Do you not know that you are the temple of God and that the Spirit of God dwells in you? 17 If anyone defiles the temple of God, God will destroy him. For the temple of God is holy, which temple you are.
- And if we are the Temple where God’s presence resides, then “My people” are a people in one accord, in symphony with the Holy Spirit (Matthew 18:18-20).
- And the gates of will not prevail against “My people,” the Church (Ekklesia – the called out ones) – Matthew 16:18.
When we become “My people” we become God’s ambassadors to the earth!