God has always wanted to reveal Himself to us.
- Psalms 98:2 (NKJV) – The Lordhas made known His salvation; His righteousness He has revealed in the sight of the nations.
- Isaiah 40:5 (NKJV) – The glory of the Lord shall be revealed, and all flesh shall see it together; For the mouth of the Lord has spoken.
- This Messianic prophecy of Jesus reveals how God was going to reveal Himself to mankind – Isaiah 53:1 (NLT) – Who has believed our message? To whom has the Lord revealed his powerful arm?
- Colossians 1:15 (NKJV) – He (Jesus Christ) is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn over all creation.
- The last book of the Bible is called “The Book of Revelation.”
Thus – God has a desire for His people to hear His voice.
- John 10:4, 11 (NKJV) – And when he brings out his own sheep, he goes before them; and the sheep follow him, for they know his voice …11 “I am the good shepherd. The good shepherd gives His life for the sheep.
Surrendered lives produce à changed hearts.
- Psalms 95:6-8a (NKJV) – Oh come, let us worship and bow down; Let us kneel before the Lordour Maker. 7 For He is our God, and we are the people of His pasture, and the sheep of His hand. Today, if you will hear His voice: 8 Do not harden your hearts, as in the rebellion …
It’s a holy exchange – our junk for His glory!
- 2 Corinthians 3:16-18 (NKJV) – Nevertheless when one turns to the Lord (to turn to the worship of the true God), the veil is taken away. 17 Now the Lord is the Spirit; and where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is18 But we all, with unveiled face, beholding as in a mirror the glory of the Lord, are being transformed into the same image from glory to glory, just as by the Spirit of the Lord.
- Now we are able to follow His commands (1 John 5:2) because Christ is living thru me (Galatians 2:20).
But it’s a choice.
- So if you will – 2 Chronicles 7:14a (NKJV) – If My people who are called by My name will humble themselves, and pray and seek My face, and turn from their wicked ways …
- Then the Lord God will respond – 2 Chronicles 7:14b-15 (NKJV) – … then I will hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin and heal their land. 15Now My eyes will be open and My ears attentive to prayer made in this place.
* The audio corresponding to this post is under “media” on this site – www.dhfirstag.org