Are you seeking God for the answer?
- Have you sought the Father for the answer like Jesus did when He was here on earth?
- Proverbs 3:6 (NLT) – Seek his will in all you do, and he will show you which path to take.
- Matthew 7:7-8 (NLT) – “Keep on asking, and you will receive what you ask for. Keep on seeking, and you will find. Keep on knocking, and the door will be opened to you. 8 For everyone who asks, receives. Everyone who seeks, finds. And to everyone who knocks, the door will be opened.
Does the “answer” line up with the Bible?
- God has provided scripture to show us truth – 2 Timothy 3:16 (NLT) – All Scriptureis inspired by God and is useful to teach us what is true and to make us realize what is wrong in our lives. It corrects us when we are wrong and teaches us to do what is right.
- Does the answer line-up with the principles and priorities of Jesus – 1 Peter 2:21 (NLT) – For God called you to do good, even if it means suffering, just as Christ suffered for you. He is your example, and you must follow in his steps.
Does the “answer” line up with what God is speaking to and thru the Body of Christ?
- Have you sought consultation of godly people – Proverbs 24:6 (NKJV) – For by wise counsel you will wage your own war, and in a multitude of counselors there is safety.
- Does your “answer” come with confirmation from the Body – – 2 Corinthians 13:1 (NKJV) – This will bethe third time I am coming to you. “By the mouth of two or three witnesses every word shall be established.” – also referred to in Deuteronomy 19:15, Matthew 18:16, 1 Timothy 5:19, and Hebrews 10:28.
- I already have a sense of it just confirming think it’s at the Lord’s showing me making up clear making them clearer
Are you in the right place, the right frame of mind, to hear from God?
- We must be in the right spot, both emotionally and spiritually, to hear from Heaven – John 3:12 (NKJV) – If I have told you earthly things and you do not believe, how will you believe if I tell you heavenly things?
So – how do we get there??
- There’s a peace that passes all human understanding that accompanies hearing correctly from God! – Philippians 4:7 (NLT) – Then you will experience God’s peace, which exceeds anything we can understand. His peace will guard your hearts and minds as you live in Christ Jesus.
- You can’t hear properly when you are anxious – Philippians 4:6 (NKJV) – Be anxious for nothing, but in everything by prayer and supplication, with thanksgiving, let your requests be made known to God;
- How do we get there – meditation – Philippians 4:8 (NKJV) – Finally, brethren, whatever things are true, whatever things arenoble, whatever things are just, whatever things are pure, whatever things are lovely, whatever things are of good report, if there is any virtue and if there is anything praiseworthy—meditate on these things.
In summary – this is how you know you are correctly hearing from God.
- Ultimately we hear correctly from God when our minds are stayed upon Him – Isaiah 26:3 (NKJV) – You will keep him in perfect peace, Whose mind is stayed on You, Because he trusts in You.
* The audio corresponding to this post is under “media” on this site – www.dhfirstag.org