For or Against?
Joshua and Israel enter the promise land.
- Joshua encounters an angelic being who is the commander of the Lord’s army and asks this question – Joshua 5:13 (NKJV) – And it came to pass, when Joshua was by Jericho, that he lifted his eyes and looked, and behold, a Man stood opposite him with His sword drawn in His hand. And Joshua went to Him and said to Him, “Are You for us or for our adversaries?”
Divide and conquer – the ancient strategy of mankind’s ancient enemy.
- Luke 11:17 (NKJV) – But He, knowing their thoughts, said to them: “Every kingdom divided against itself is brought to desolation, and a house divided against a house falls.
- Satan wants to categorize people – Revelation 12:10 (NKJV) – Then I heard a loud voice saying in heaven, “Now salvation, and strength, and the kingdom of our God, and the power of His Christ have come, for the accuser of our brethren, who accused them before our God day & night, has been cast down.
- Accuse comes from the Greek word, kategoreo, which means to judge and we derive the word “categorize.”
And this all leads to confusion.
- 1 Corinthians 14:33 (NKJV) – For God is not the author of confusion but of peace, as in all the churches of the saints.
- The enemy is trying to categorize us, play us against each other (Revelation 12:10). That’s his job, to place accusations in us against each other.
What is the right question then?
- The commander of the Lord’s army response gives a clue what we should be asking – Joshua 5:14 (NKJV) – So He said, “No, but as Commander of the army of the Lord I have now come.”
We have a message that transcends time and culture.
- 1 Corinthians 2:2 (NKJV) – For I determined not to know anything among you except Jesus Christ and Him crucified.
- Our message is contained in the Bible – 2 Timothy 3:16 (NKJV) – All Scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness.
- Our message transcends time (Matthew 27:52, Luke 16) and culture (Genesis 15:6, Acts 10).
- And the only organization that really matters is the Body of Christ – Romans 12:5 (NKJV) – so we, being many, are one body in Christ, and individually members of one another.
- And we are to propagate this message though out the world!
* The audio corresponding to this post is under “media” on this site – www.dhfirstag.org – and is available on Monday