We are in a tough season.
- Galatians 6:9 – And let us not grow weary in well doing, for in due season we shall reap if we do not lose heart.
This is a season of pruning.
- John 15:2 (NKJV) – Every branch in Me that does not bear fruit He takes away; and every branch that bears fruit He prunes, that it may bear more fruit.
- This also happens with us corporately – Matthew 13:30 (NKJV) – Let both grow together until the harvest, and at the time of harvest I will say to the reapers, “First gather together the tares and bind them in bundles to burn them, but gather the wheat into my barn.”
The Lord is producing a people that can confront the enemy and win.
- Matthew 16:18-19 (NKJV) – “And I (Jesus) also say to you that you are Peter, and on this rock I will build My church, and the gates of Hades shall not prevail against it. 19 And I will give you the keys of the kingdom of heaven, and whatever you bind on earth will be bound in heaven, and whatever you loose on earth will be loosed in heaven.”
- Jesus was moved by compassion to heal the sick (Matthew 14:14) and to feed the multitudes of sheep both naturally and spiritually (Matthew 15:32).
- But, at the same time, Jesus was tough enough to turn over the tables of the money changers in the temple (Mark 11:15) and to confront the Pharisees of his day (John 7).
- But you have to keep getting up – Proverbs 24:16 (NKJV) – For a righteous man may fall seven times and rise again, but the wicked shall fall by calamity.
The finish line in sight.
- 2 Peter 3:9-10a (NLT) – The Lord isn’t really being slow about his promise, as some people think. No, he is being patient for your sake. He does not want anyone to be destroyed, but wants everyone to repent. 10 But the day of the Lord will come as unexpectedly as a thief.
Will you finish strong?
- The apostle Paul compared our walk with Jesus as a race – 2 Timothy 4:7 (NKJV) – I have fought the good fight, I have finished the race, I have kept the faith.
- Again, we are not to come out the same way we came in – Ezekiel 46:9
- Matthew 11:12 (NLT) – And from the time John the Baptist began preaching until now, the Kingdom of Heaven has been forcefully advancing, and violent people are attacking it.
* The audio corresponding to this post is under “media” on this site – www.dhfirstag.org – and is available on Monday