Introduced to Elijah
- One of the most well known of the prophets.
- John the Baptist had the spirit of Elijah – Luke 1:17 – many say he will be one of the 2 prophets in Revelations.
- While the priest present the people to God, prophets represents God to the people – like the Church today.
- Thus – Church must come out of hiding.
God is all about justice
- Elijah represents God, the widow and son represents the people.
- Why did Elijah get fed 1st, was he selfish? It doesn’t seem right but it is – there is a cause and effect.
- There is a law of faith – Seek 1st the Kingdom of God and His righteousness – Matthew 6:33.
- So do it God’s way even when don’t make sense.
Didn’t recognize in the justice part as being from God
- Agape love is what the Church suppose to be walking in.
- Many others, besides the Church, are doing the justice things also.
- But many are doing justice things with ulterior motives – wanting pats on the back.
Something goes wrong
- The boy dies – 1 Kings 17:17.
- Blames God, condemns the prophet (the Church), we are causing all the woe’s of society – 1 Kings 17:18.
Sometimes God allows tragedy/sickness to show His glory – 1 Kings 17:20
- Does God cause sickness, no, but He does allow it.
Healing is God’s business card – thus the Church should carry this card.
- At least 10 times gospel and healings mentioned together.
- It’s great to do the justice thing – and we do.
- But we are to also do the healing thing (and, btw, healing is a justice thing also)
- It’s when the healing of her son happens that Elijah is recognized as from God and God speaks thru him – 1 Kings 17:24
- In fact, we shouldn’t present the gospel of the kingdom until God displays the kingdom.
Pray until God says you are done for the healing/miracle – 1 Kings 18:41-46.
- Elijah announces the miracle of rain.
- Commands his servant to go up seven times and look for rain. Seven represents completeness.
- Don’t despise small beginnings – Zechariah 4:10.