Discerning the Times
Understanding the times.
- The Church is called to know the times they are operating in – 1 Chronicles 12:32 (NKJV) – … of the sons of Issachar who had understanding of the times, to know what Israel ought to do, their chiefs were two hundred; and all their brethren were at their command;
- We are entering these times – Matthew 24:3 (NKJV) – Now as He sat on the Mount of Olives, the disciples came to Him privately, saying, “Tell us, when will these things be? And what will be the sign of Your coming, and of the end of the age?”
There is a great departure from truth.
- Lawlessness is getting worse – 2 Thessalonians 2:9-12 (NKJV) – The coming of the lawless one is according to the working of Satan, with all power, signs, and lying wonders, 10and with all unrighteous deception among those who perish, because they did not receive the love of the truth, that they might be saved. 11 And for this reason God will send them strong delusion, that they should believe the lie, 12 that they all may be condemned who did not believe the truth but had pleasure in unrighteousness.
The Key of David.
- Revelation 3:7 (NKJV) – “And to the angel of the church in Philadelphia write, ‘These things says He who is holy, He who is true, “He who has the key of David, He who opens and no one shuts, and shuts and no one opens”
- Revelation 1:18 (NKJV) – I am He who lives, and was dead, and behold, I am alive forevermore. Amen. And I have the keys of Hades and of Death.
- Matthew 16:19 (NKJV) – And I will give you the keys of the kingdom of heaven, and whatever you bind on earth will be bound in heaven, and whatever you loose on earth will be loosed in heaven.”
Understanding what is happening currently.
- The Holy Spirit setup – 2 Chronicles 18:19-22 (NKJV) – And the Lord said, ‘Who can entice King Ahab of Israel to go into battle against Ramoth-gilead so he can be killed?’ “There were many suggestions, 20 and finally a spirit approached the Lord and said, ‘I can do it!’ “‘How will you do this?’ the Lord 21 “And the spirit replied, ‘I will go out and inspire all of Ahab’s prophets to speak lies.’ “‘You will succeed,’ said the Lord. ‘Go ahead and do it.’ 22 “So you see, the Lord has put a lying spirit in the mouths of your prophets. For the Lord has pronounced your doom.”
So what are the people of God to do?
- Cry out to Heaven – Luke 18:6-8 (NLT) – Then the Lord said, “Learn a lesson from this unjust judge. 7Even he rendered a just decision in the end. So don’t you think God will surely give justice to his chosen people who cry out to him day and night? Will he keep putting them off? 8 I tell you, he will grant justice to them quickly! But when the Son of Man returns, how many will he find on the earth who have faith?”
We need to fight!
- Ephesians 6:10-12 (NKJV) – Finally, my brethren, be strong in the Lord and in the power of His might. 11Put on the whole armor of God, that you may be able to stand against the wiles of the devil. 12 For we do not wrestle against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this age, against spiritual hosts of wickedness in the heavenly places.
- Caleb and Joshua were the only 2 of the 12 spies who believed God’s reality – Numbers 14.
* The audio corresponding to this post is under “media” on this site – www.dhfirstag.org – and is available on Monday
- Discerning the Times November 21, 2020
- Many are Called – Few are Chosen – What Column You In?? November 14, 2020
- To the Next Glory November 7, 2020
- Where Are We Now? November 1, 2020