Deception – False Evidence Appearing Real
Satan is a lying wonder.
- 2 Thessalonians 2:9-10 (NKJV) – The coming of the lawless one is according to the working of Satan, with all power, signs, and lying wonders, 10 and with all unrighteous deception among those who perish, because they did not receive the love of the truth, that they might be saved.
A little deception ruins the whole loaf.
- Galatians 5:9 (NKJV) – A little leaven leavens the whole lump.
So how do we prevent deception?
- By understanding the principles of the best database ever in the world – the Bible.
- Looking inwardly not outwardly – Matthew 7:3 – not so concerned with someone else’s speck in their eye when you got a log in yours.
- Having a repentant heart – Joel 2:12-13 (NLT) – That is why the Lord says, “turn to me now, while there is time.
Give me your hearts. Come with fasting, weeping, and mourning. 13 Don’t tear your clothing in your grief, but tear your hearts instead.” Return to the Lord your God, for He is merciful and compassionate, slow to get angry and filled with unfailing love. He is eager to relent and not punish.
- Gathering together – Matthew 18:20 – something powerful happens
- Being available – Matthew 28:19 – the great commission to go, not stay.
We must diligently seek Him during this season (and all seasons).
- Hebrews 11:1 (NKJV) – Now faith (risk) is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen.
- Hebrews 11:6 (NKJV) – But without faith(risk) it is impossible to please Him, for he who comes to God must believe that He is, and that He is a rewarder of those who diligently seek Him.
God’s got this!
* The audio corresponding to this post is under “media” on this site – www.dhfirstag.org – and is available on Monday