A People of Order
There is order to the things of the Spirit of God.
- God is a god of order – 1 Corinthians 14:39-40 (NKJV) – Therefore, brethren, desire earnestly to prophesy, and do not forbid to speak with tongues. 40Let all things be done decently and in order.
- And then the Lord goes on to explain the order – 1 Corinthians 15:44-46 (NKJV) – It is sown a natural body, it is raised a spiritual body. There is a natural body, and there is a spiritual body. 45 And so it is written, “The first man Adam became a living being.”The last Adam became a life-giving spirit. 46 However, the spiritual is not first, but the natural, and afterward the spiritual.
We are to also do things in order.
- Administration is part of the pastor’s role – 1 Corinthians 12:28 (NKJV) – And God has appointed these in the church: first apostles, second prophets, third teachers, after that miracles, then gifts of healings, helps, administrations (government/directorship), varieties of tongues.
There is a list of priorities in God’s Kingdom.
- The priorities of God can be summed up in this verse – Matthew 22:36-40 (NKJV) – “Teacher, which isthe great commandment in the law?” 37 Jesus said to him, “‘You shall love the Lord your God with all your heart, with all your soul, and with all your mind.’ 38 This is the first and great commandment. 39 And the second is like it: ‘You shall love your neighbor as yourself.’ 40 On these two commandments hang all the Law and the Prophets.”
But we must be a people committed change!
- 2 Corinthians 3:17-18 (NKJV) – Now the Lord is the Spirit; and where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is liberty. 18But we all, with unveiled face, beholding as in a mirror the glory of the Lord, are being transformed into the same image from glory to glory, just as by the Spirit of the Lord.
Here’s the bottom line, we have to get ready.
- God is birthing a people in this season – 1 Peter 2:9 (NKJV) – But you area chosen generation, a royal priesthood, a holy nation, His own special people, that you may proclaim the praises of Him who called you out of darkness into His marvelous light;
We are called to become a 1 Peter 2:9 “people!”
* The audio corresponding to this post is under “media” on this site – www.dhfirstag.org